Re: [Help-glpk] Gusek / Scite2003 Linux and (Mac OS X?)

From: Luiz M. M. Bettoni
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Gusek / Scite2003 Linux and (Mac OS X?)
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 10:30:29 -0200

Hi, Noli.

Gusek was build to run under windows, and the Scite-RU applied patches are only for windows. So, rebuild it under Linux isn't a good idea. Without Scite-RU and other minor patches, Gusek is basically Scite with GLPK configuration files (and it's configured to win32).

Port it to Linux is a old project. As you say, GLPK and Scite itself can run under Linux. So, why not Gusek? Because there are no interested developers.

To start, one can install Scite and GLPK specific packages (i.e., deb or rpm) and re-write the configuration files using Gusek ones. I'm now using linux, and i've tested Scite+GLPK under it a time ago. It can be done, but Scite runs quite slowly under Ubuntu 9.04/9.10, and the absence of Scite-RU improvements make it hard to use.

If someone has interest, we can discuss - and, maybe, make an effort an rewrite Gusek as a plugin to some cross-platform editor (like Scite itself, or Geany), but will require a lot of work.

Hugs,
Luiz Bettoni