Re: send-pr error!

From: Yngve Svendsen
Subject: Re: send-pr error!
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 11:58:18 +0100

At 17:31 14.12.01 +0900, Choi, Jang-Wook wrote:
Hello, I installed the latest gnats in my redhat linux.

I just followed the install instructions of gnats.info, but when I execute send-pr from the shell, I got an error message. I read manuals but still don't know what's wrong. Somebody please help me.

If you by "latest version" mean that you have checked out a development snapshot of version 4, this is a known problem. Most of the remote site functionality was ripped out of GNATS 4, since it was never implemented properly in previous versions, and send-pr version 4 still needs some work and a few design decisions to replace the stuff that's gone. The problem you have is related to the fact that the "new" send-pr hasn't been documented properly. Send-pr is now supposed to have its own config file where stuff like submitter-id is set. Anyway, I recommend that you don't deploy send-pr around your network until we got these things sorted out.

Milan: We need to decide exactly how send-pr is supposed to work when installed at remote locations (There is an empty section in the installation chapter waiting for material on installation at remote sites, and the send-pr documentation in chapter 2 still describes the old version). Are we going to keep the "request-sid" functionality (see http://bugs.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gnats&pr=193), or should remote submitters get an ID through other channels?

Yngve Svendsen
GNATS doc guy