[Help-gnu-radius] SQL Authentication Failure

From: Kevin
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] SQL Authentication Failure
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 00:18:01 -0600

Hello all.

I'm having a bit of trouble getting radius to use SQL authentication.

I am using gnu radius 0.96.2 and mysql vers 11.15

I compiled radius using the --with-mysql option, and have configured the raddb/sqlserver file with the ip/port/user/pass info and set doauth to yes.  I have created a passwd database with username/passwords.  I have put an entry in raddb/users for each user specifying Auth-Type = SQL.  Whenever I try to test the authentication either using the NAS or running radauth the authentication fails.  The log reports:

Auth.error:  test: SQL authentication not available
Auth.notice: Invalid user: [test]:  (from nas ...

I have tested the mysql by manually running the commands as defined in the raddb/sqlserver file and it returns the password perfectly.  Checking the mysql logs it looks to me as if radius isn't ever actually reaching the mysql server.

Any thoughts on what I've done wrong here?  Any help I can get would be appreciated.