Re: [Help-gnu-radius] SQL Authentication Failure

From: Kevin
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] SQL Authentication Failure
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 17:05:36 -0600

> > > Have you set `doauth yes' in your raddb/sqlserver?
> >
> > Yes.  Excerpt from raddb/sqlserver:
>
> Oh, I've just noted you had mentioned this in your previous letter.
> Sorry for asking again.

No problem.

> Run radiusd --version and examine its output. If the binary contains
> mysql support then you will see USE_SQL_MYSQL in `Compilation flags'
> line. If this flag is absent, the configure was not able to
> detect the presence of SQL libraries on your system. In this
> case, config.log will give more information why (search for string
> mysqlclient).

This looks to be the problem.  The only thing listed under Compilation flags
is PWD_SHADOW.

When checking config.log; however, I see no information as to why the
compiler would have failed to find SQL.  In fact, a grep for sql on the
config.log file finds nothing.

I'm thinking I might have specified the wrong lib dirs to include.  Any
suggestions on how I can figure out which would be correct or any other
ideas on what I've done wrong?

> Regards,
> Sergey

Thanks,