Re: [Help-gnu-radius] SQL Authentication Failure

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] SQL Authentication Failure
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 12:36:56 +0300

> When checking config.log; however, I see no information as to why the
> compiler would have failed to find SQL.  In fact, a grep for sql on the

Strange. There should at least be a line saying:

configure:<lineno>: checking for -lmysqlclient

Try to reconfigure the package (do not forget to remove config.cache
beforehand) and examine the output from configure. If everything is
OK it should say something like

checking for -lmysqlclient... -lm -L/usr/local/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient

> I'm thinking I might have specified the wrong lib dirs to include.  Any
> suggestions on how I can figure out which would be correct or any other
> ideas on what I've done wrong?

Yes, possibly you have. Check where exactly are mysql libraries and
headers located on your system. The two locations configure knows
about are /usr/local/lib/mysql and /usr/lib/mysql. The includes
are referred to in the sources as mysql/mysql.h, so usual include
path should suffice in most cases. However, if mysql was installed
under a different prefix, you will have to specify both
--with-lib-path and --with-include-path. Another known problem with
mysqlclient library is that it depends on -lz. This dependency is
pulled in authomatically if libmysqlclient is a shared library,
otherwise (if you have only libmysqlclient.a) you will have to specify
it manually, e.g.:

          LIBS=-lz ./configure --with-mysql ...

Regards,
Sergey