Re: [Help-gnu-radius] SQL Authentication Failure

From: Gerald
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] SQL Authentication Failure
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 17:17:05 -0400 (EDT)

> Ok.  As noted above the configure now completes correctly, but I believe I'm
> still having a problem with the includes.  I am admitedly not even close to
> a programming expert, and am not clear on how to go about finding what dir
> to specify for --with-include.  When trying to compile I am currently
> getting the error:
>
> gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I../include -g -02 -c -mysql.c  -fPIC -DPI
> C -o .libs/mysql.lo
> mysql.c:43:25: mysql/mysql.h: No such file or directory
> make[2]: *** [mysql.lo] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory '/usr/local/src/gnu-radius-0.96.2/sql'

If the mysql server you are connecting to is on a different machine you
will need to copy the mysql.h from that machine to the local machine where
gnu-radius can read it.

Easiest thing to do is install the mysql client on your local machine and
if it's installed properly it'll copy the mysql.h file where it needs to
be.

gnu-radius needs this header file to know how to talk to your particular
mysql server.

Gerald