help-gnustep

Re: Some test applications fail with segfault - gnustep 0.19/0.18

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Some test applications fail with segfault - gnustep 0.19/0.18
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 06:47:00 +0100

On 6 May 2008, at 21:53, Tavs wrote:

--#System: FC8, libcombo with gnu-gnu-gnu and libffi

The following test( in gnustep-base/Test/) applications fail displaying
"Segmentation Fault"
-nsconnection
-nsinvocation
-nsnotification

this one
-nsmethodsignature
throws the NSInvalidArgumentException with the following message
"Attempt to contact a named host using a message port name server. This name server can only be used to contact processes owned by the same user on the local host (host name must be an empty string). To contact processes
owned by other users or on other hosts you must use an instance of the
NSSocketPortNameServer class. (nil)"

It seems that I've got gdomap, gpbs and gdnc to work, though I'm not sure
about that.

What should I do to solve the problem?

It's really a bug in the oobsolete/unmaintained test code (the README file should in the directory should tell you where to look for the current testsuite).

However, I hacked in a quick fox for this in svn ... you just need to change the '@"*"' value of the host in rootProxyForConnectionWithRegisteredName:host: to be 'nil'