help-gnustep

Re: Some test applications fail with segfault - gnustep 0.19/0.18

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Some test applications fail with segfault - gnustep 0.19/0.18
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 05:46:03 +0100

On 7 May 2008, at 21:17, Tavs wrote:

Well if all apps fail in the same way, then I would expect that there
is something wrong with your system ... but you would need to provide
at least one example bug report.  If some apps fail, and do so in
different ways, then contact the authors of those apps with specific
bug reports.

If you want to run tests ... please get hold of the testsuite
(http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/gnustep/tests/testsuite

OK, then I've got another problem: I tried to install gnustep- guile-1.4.4 to
run the tests but <make> tells me it can't find a definition for
‘scm_catch_body_t’ in gg_class.m.

I googled a bit but I couldn't find anything regarding both
'scm_catch_body_t' and gnustep or gg_class.m, may you help me?

I would guess that you are using too new a version of guile ... the gnustep-guile library should work with guile-1.3 to guile-1.6 You don't need gnustep-guile to run the testsuite anyway ...it was needed by the old tests which were superseded by the testsuite some years ago.