help-gnustep

Re: Some test applications fail with segfault - gnustep 0.19/0.18

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Some test applications fail with segfault - gnustep 0.19/0.18
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 20:59:34 +0100

On 7 May 2008, at 20:19, Tavs wrote:

Richard Frith-Macdonald-2 wrote:

It's really a bug in the oobsolete/unmaintained test code (the README
file should in the directory should tell you where to look for the
current testsuite).

However, I hacked in a quick fox for this in svn ... you just need to
change the '@"*"' value of the host in
rootProxyForConnectionWithRegisteredName:host: to be 'nil'

hmm... well I asked about these testing apps since all the apps I was trying to install (SystemPreferences,GWorkspace,WMVolman) either segfault or throw
exceptions...

Should I infere that there are further specific errors in those apps then?

Well if all apps fail in the same way, then I would expect that there is something wrong with your system ... but you would need to provide at least one example bug report. If some apps fail, and do so in different ways, then contact the authors of those apps with specific bug reports.

If you want to run tests ... please get hold of the testsuite
(http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/gnustep/tests/testsuite