Re: Which standard library implementation is used?

From: Guy Harrison
Subject: Re: Which standard library implementation is used?
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 00:00:22 GMT

Alex Vinokur wrote:

> How can we know which standard library implementation is used while
> compiling?

Doesn't matter as it's "standard" but I see from the link that they're on
about stuff like STLPort etc. Well, that's for you to know. If you didn't
specifically install anything unusual then it won't be using it. Bog
standard cygwin uses same gnu STL as g++ anywhere else. Ditto C libs,
cygwin uses either newlib or libiberty (I forget which) whereas linux
typically uses glibc but again that's irrelevent as they're all "standard",
and again you'll know specifically which flavour via any -std=c?? option
passed. You're using the gnu 3.3.1 STL implementation.