Re: Which standard library implementation is used?

From: Vijay Patil
Subject: Re: Which standard library implementation is used?
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 22:46:02 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
There are aroung 4-5 implementation if standard C++
library, Like Dinkumware, STLport, SGI etc.
Library used while compilation depends where ur
compiling your code.
If u are compiling with VC++, its Dinkumware, if u its
on RedHatLinux 7.* then its SGI STL.

You can also download and use either of above
implementation, all the source code is present in
header files.

Regards,
Vijay

--- Alex Vinokur <alexvn@big-foot.com> wrote:

> "Guy Harrison" <swamp-DEL-dog@ntlworld.com> wrote in
> message news:fn5kdc.jc8.ln@sd-if.swampdog...
> > Alex Vinokur wrote:
> >
> > > How can we know which standard library
> implementation is used while
> > > compiling?
> >
> > Doesn't matter as it's "standard" but I see from
> the link that they're on
> > about stuff like STLPort etc. Well, that's for you
> to know. If you didn't
> > specifically install anything unusual then it
> won't be using it. Bog
> > standard cygwin uses same gnu STL as g++ anywhere
> else. Ditto C libs,
> > cygwin uses either newlib or libiberty (I forget
> which) whereas linux
> > typically uses glibc but again that's irrelevent
> as they're all "standard",
> > and again you'll know specifically which flavour
> via any -std=c?? option
> > passed. You're using the gnu 3.3.1 STL
> implementation.
> >

> Is it possible to get information about standard
> library implementation with using some option of
> g++?
>
> $ g++ -<some option about standard library
> implementation>
>

> --
>    Alex Vinokur
>      http://mathforum.org/library/view/10978.html