Re: Library Issue

From: Paul Pluzhnikov
Subject: Re: Library Issue
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 21:05:31 -0700

Brian C <brianc@no.sp.a.m.dynamissoftware.com> writes:

>       I've run into an issue, and I'm not sure where the problem
>       lies.

Most likely the problem is in your link line, which you neglected
to mention in your post :-(

Most likely you do something like this:

  g++ -ldec -lmascot main.cpp

Read the link below to understand why you shouldn't do that:
http://webpages.charter.net/ppluzhnikov/linker.html

>       I brought the code home to finish up on it, and it fails to
>       compile w/ g++ (unchanged).

It doesn't fail to compile. It fails to link. There is a big
difference between the two.

Cheers,
Remove /-nsp/ for email.