help-gsasl

Re: SCRAM-SHA-1 support in GSASL

From: Lothar May
Subject: Re: SCRAM-SHA-1 support in GSASL
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 12:21:19 +0200

Hi Simon,

2009/9/16, Simon Josefsson <address@hidden>:
> Simon Josefsson <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I noticed some problems with non-zero-terminated strings: trying to use
>> it via src/gsasl or your application will break if you don't pass the
>> API zero-terminated strings (which isn't required by the API).  I'll try
>> to fix it this week.
>
> That should be fixed now, in the latest daily snapshot.  I'm not aware
> of any remaining problems with the SCRAM-SHA-1 implementation, so please
> test and report anything you notice.
>
> I'm working on getting a GNU MailUtils-based IMAP server up and running
> that supports SCRAM-SHA-1.  It may make interop testing easier.

Thanks for the fix. After testing on Linux, I'm currently trying to
build it on Windows. Some sha1-defines related issues can be solved by
editing the default config.h. I'm now getting an error in
scram/server.c line 289. The "memmem" function which is called there
does not seem to be portable. I'd suggest to include a copy of the
memmem function for use on Windows.

Thanks,
Lothar