help-gsasl

Re: SCRAM-SHA-1 support in GSASL

From: Lothar May
Subject: Re: SCRAM-SHA-1 support in GSASL
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 00:42:49 +0200

Hi Simon,

2009/9/25 Simon Josefsson <address@hidden>:
>> Thanks for the fix. After testing on Linux, I'm currently trying to
>> build it on Windows. Some sha1-defines related issues can be solved by
>> editing the default config.h.
>
> Hi!  What kind of issue?  Maybe something could be improved to make it
> easier (although sha1 is from gnulib so any fix needs to be generic).

I'm using the msvc project solution in lib/win32. I had to perform the
following steps:

- add missing source files from lib/gl (I added *.c except
"gc-libgcrypt.c" and "memchr.c")
- add source files from lib/scram
- remove digest-md5 files and deactivate it in config.h (seems to have
external dependencies)
- add to config.h:
#define GNULIB_GC_SHA1 1
#define GNULIB_GC_HMAC_SHA1 1
#define USE_SCRAM_SHA1 1
(the later is probably what is done by the --enable-scram-sha1 option
when using configure)

>> I'm now getting an error in scram/server.c line 289. The "memmem"
>> function which is called there does not seem to be portable. I'd
>> suggest to include a copy of the memmem function for use on Windows.
>
> Oops!  Should be fixed now:
>
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=gsasl.git;a=commitdiff;h=30b5fc721305dac42fce6832e33a27d0502eb35a;hp=bd9f20d1ea40e456b20a5ed1602eb5db02cec49b

Thanks for the fix! Compiles and links fine now, as described above.
If I may ask one more thing (sorry :-) ): I usually do the windows
builds using mingw, but I cannot make it compile using mingw. I don't
have a mingw cross compiler, and cannot run the configure script on
windows. Could you please provide some kind of beta-release/binary
snapshot on http://josefsson.org/gnutls4win/ which includes scram?
That would be really great...

I will perform some more testing this weekend.

Thanks,
Lothar