help-gsasl

Re: SCRAM-SHA-1 support in GSASL

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: SCRAM-SHA-1 support in GSASL
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 12:52:22 +0200

Lothar May <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Simon,
>
> 2009/9/16, Simon Josefsson <address@hidden>:
>> Simon Josefsson <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> I noticed some problems with non-zero-terminated strings: trying to use
>>> it via src/gsasl or your application will break if you don't pass the
>>> API zero-terminated strings (which isn't required by the API).  I'll try
>>> to fix it this week.
>>
>> That should be fixed now, in the latest daily snapshot.  I'm not aware
>> of any remaining problems with the SCRAM-SHA-1 implementation, so please
>> test and report anything you notice.
>>
>> I'm working on getting a GNU MailUtils-based IMAP server up and running
>> that supports SCRAM-SHA-1.  It may make interop testing easier.
>>

> Thanks for the fix. After testing on Linux, I'm currently trying to
> build it on Windows. Some sha1-defines related issues can be solved by
> editing the default config.h.

Hi!  What kind of issue?  Maybe something could be improved to make it
easier (although sha1 is from gnulib so any fix needs to be generic).

> I'm now getting an error in scram/server.c line 289. The "memmem"
> function which is called there does not seem to be portable. I'd
> suggest to include a copy of the memmem function for use on Windows.

Oops!  Should be fixed now:

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=gsasl.git;a=commitdiff;h=30b5fc721305dac42fce6832e33a27d0502eb35a;hp=bd9f20d1ea40e456b20a5ed1602eb5db02cec49b

/Simon