Re: Rotate GDM login screen

From: 白い熊
Subject: Re: Rotate GDM login screen
Date: Wed, 25 May 2022 22:21:50 +0200

On 2022-05-25 9:21 pm, 白い熊 wrote:

So the extra-special-file route also doesn't work - meaning surely the
installed x11 does not search for any conf path within the
/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ directory as it shouldn't.

Maybe however it'd work thought an extra-special-file in the
appropriate /gnu/store subdirectory where X is installed? Or I was
thinking within the /var/lib/gdm path - that's where the conf file for
fonts works and is picked up by GDM on login. What could it be -
/var/lib/gdm/.config/xorg.conf ?

So figured it out - GDM doesn't seem to honor xorg.conf somehow mostly - anyhow the GDM rotation can be achieved via kernel-arguments of:
video=DSI-1:panel_orientation=right_side_up

As a side note - I see some ...-xorg.conf.d directories in /gnu/store - so maybe X gets the conf there. How can I determine which of these the current system configuration is using - so I could play with the extra-special-file there?
--
Best regards / 宜しく御願い致します / S pozdravem / C уважением / Z poważaniem / Mit freundlichen Grüßen

白い熊
ShiroiKuma