Re: "user with UID not found" error

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: "user with UID not found" error
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2022 22:53:50 +0200

Christopher Batten <cbatten@cornell.edu> writes:

> So my sysadmin and I are worried about turning on caching in NSCD and
> SSSD at the same time? Are you running both and have you seen any
> issues?

We have been running SSSD and NSCD together since a number of years on
all cluster nodes and all RHEL servers.  There haven’t been any problems
due to caching.

I suppose you could also configure NSCD to cache entries only for a
second to force it to talk to SSSD more often.  We never felt the need
to change the default configuration.

--
Ricardo