Re: sbcl-slime-swank won't load

From: Trev
Subject: Re: sbcl-slime-swank won't load
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 07:21:08 -0700

Guillaume Le Vaillant <glv@posteo.net> writes:

> Trev <trev@trevdev.ca> skribis:
>
>> [21 lines cropped] Any suggestions?
>
> I can't reproduce the issue on my machine. There must be a difference
> in our setups.
>
> Are you on a Guix system, or on another distribution?

Guix system :)

> Are you using the stumpwm from the system profile, or from your user
> profile (e.g. started by a ".xinitrc" file)?

It's in the system profile, along with (,stumpwm "lib"). My base system
install came with gnome/gdm already set up. I chose to install stump on
my system profile under the presumption that this is what gdm needed to
be able to provide StumpWM in my list of session options.

> Is sbcl installed in your user profile or not?

Not directly. It might be there as a dependency. Everything other than
stumpwm itself is installed in my guix home profile.

In order for any of my stumpwm-contrib modules to work, I had to write a
gexp and an home-xdg-configuration-files service to link them to
~/.config/common-lisp.

Currently this is how sbcl-slime-swank is put into
source-registry.conf.d in my user profile.

Here's the relevant code: https://paste.debian.net/1251005/

> Do you have a ".sbclrc" file? If yes, what is in it?

I do not.

> Do you have Common Lisp libraries coming from outside of Guix (e.g.
> Quicklisp)?

I'm actively avoiding Quicklisp. Yes, ql would be easier, but I'm trying
to engage with Guix for packaging and configuration.

--

Trev : 0FB7 D06B 4A2A F07E AD5B 1169 183B 6306 8AA1 D206