Re: geiser-edit-symbol-at-point

From: Olivier Dion
Subject: Re: geiser-edit-symbol-at-point
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 11:17:47 -0500

On Fri, 11 Nov 2022, Jake Shilling <shilling.jake@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't really have anything helpful to add, except that I believe
> geiser doesn't work the way SLIME or LSP does, where there's some
> process parsing a project with semantic awareness. Instead it just
> launches guile (or some other repl) and parses the prompt string. As far
> as I know it is really just sending text back and forth between a
> scheme-mode buffer and a runing repl.

Would this kind of tool be more useful than Geiser?  I find that
auto-parsing of the project could really help refactoring stuff and jump
to definition without having to evaluate every module.  The REPL can
stay there for on the fly modification of the program of course, but
perhaps a communication would be necessary between the auto-parser and
the REPL.  What do you think?

--
Olivier Dion
oldiob.dev