Re: Guix supported-systems option

From: Julien Lepiller
Subject: Re: Guix supported-systems option
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2023 21:19:19 +0100

I think you have multiple packages with the same name and version, but
different supported systems. Am I right?

If that is the case, then guix will select a package based on the specification
you give it, so if you give a name, it will select the package with that name
and the highest version available. If multiple packages match this criteria,
one is selected arbitrarily.

Now, supported-systems does not mean "remove this package on other
architectures", but rather "can't build this on other architectures". So it's
perfectly possible that guix will arbitrarily select a package for a different
architecture.

I can see two solutions: as you mentionned, get source depending on
architecture, that way the other architecture packages are not defined. Another
possibility is to append say -x86_64 to the package name.

Does it make sense?