RE: Odd effects from setting SHELL?

From: Dave Korn
Subject: RE: Odd effects from setting SHELL?
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 19:30:28 +0100

On 25 June 2007 17:05, Christian Convey wrote:

> So what puzzles me is that I was seeming to get a build error that was
> shell-specific.  Yet I see plenty of information from man pages, folks
> like you, etc. that say I should never be seeing shell-specific build
> errors.

.... if, and only if, you do *not* specify
"SHELL=/something/not/compatible/with/bin/sh" in your makefile.  I think
that's probably the bit that you're overlooking.

  Otherwise you're going to have show us a quote from the man pages (or
whatever) that actually says that, because I haven't seen it said in so many
words myself.

    cheers,
      DaveK