Re: [help-texinfo] Changing fonts (default one doesn't support accents)

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] Changing fonts (default one doesn't support accents)
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 12:28:53 -0600

    OK. I'll have a closer look at this. I'm not sure that is that important
    anyway.

If you don't arrange for French hyphenation, you'll probably want to do
something like:
@tex
\global\hyphenpenalty = 10000
@end tex
otherwise you'll get English hyphenation, which I expect would be worse
than no hyphenation at all.

    can't use --commands-in-node-names command, since I use this:

That is only relevant for makeinfo (html/info/etc. output, not dvi/pdf).
If you don't care about running makeinfo, never mind that.

    I use texi2pdf because it makes links in the pdf file.

texi2pdf and texi2dvi are the same script
(texi2pdf just runs texi2dvi --pdf).

I admit I have never systematically investigated the options for
accented node names with texi2dvi/pdf, whether there's a way to get it
to work with 8-bit chars, cmds, both, neither.  If anyone else has any
experiences to contribute here, please do.

    The first 10 pages contains stuff like this:

That looks like the .aux file was being printed as text for some reason.
Be sure you delete .aux (and the other tmp files) before running texi2pdf.

Best,
Karl