db or similar store, anyone?

From: Ian Zimmerman
Subject: db or similar store, anyone?
Date: 19 Jun 2004 12:12:04 -0700

Hi, I just thought it would be interesting to have a gnus backend
storing the messages in a Berkeley db, gdbm, or a similar disk hash.  It
would seem to be a good compromise, for archive-type groups, between
nnfolder (which requires linearly searching through huge files) and nnml
(which requires searching through huge directories and devours inodes).

Perhaps there is such a beast already?  If not I'll try my hand, it
should be quite easy to adapt nnml code.

--
"It's not true or not."  A reality show producer (real quote)