Re: Sending mail fails silently

From: Michiel Buddingh
Subject: Re: Sending mail fails silently
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 12:32:54 +0100

Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org> writes:
>> Doesn't seem to work.  Perhaps it only gives a trace if the
>> server actually rejects the mail?
>
> The buffer is generated regardless of failure or a success.
> Please note, the buffer name begins and ends with asterisks.
> They are apt to disappear in the Gnus article buffer because of
> the `gnus-treat-emphasize' variable.

Hm, perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place, but I can't switch
to that buffer using C-x b (how I'd usually switch to another
buffer)

> The version of Emacs containing the new smtpmail.el has not been
> released yet.  If you don't care about a risk, please use this:
>
> ftp://ftp.jpl.org/pub/tmp/smtpmail.el
> or http://www.jpl.org/ftp/pub/tmp/smtpmail.el

Well, the worst thing that can happen is that I won't be able to
send mail anymore.  I'll do that as soon as I figure out why smtpmail
won't give a trace.

Thanks a lot for your help

Cheers,
Michiel