Gnus is losing IMAP articles

From: Edi Weitz
Subject: Gnus is losing IMAP articles
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 19:10:25 +0200

Hi!

I'm connecting to an IMAP server (Courier) on a Linux machine which
has a couple of folders on it.  For several weeks now Gnus hasn't been
able to show all messages that are in these folders.  One of them,
e.g., has about 3,800 articles in it but Gnus shows less than 1,400.
This doesn't happen with other clients like, cough, Outlook and it
also doesn't happen with Emacs/Gnus on the server machine.

The setup for the two Emacs/Gnus combos are quite different, though,
and I don't really know how to debug this problem.  Any hints (where
to look at, what to try) would be greatly appreciated.

[FSF Emacs 22 (CVS from May), Gnus 5.10.6, Windows XP pro]

Thanks,
Edi.

--

Lisp is not dead, it just smells funny.