Re: Gnus is losing IMAP articles

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Gnus is losing IMAP articles
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 10:50:52 -0400

On Wed, 06 Jul 2005, spamtrap@agharta.de wrote:

On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 14:46:55 +0200, Lars Tobias Børsting
<larstobi@itea.ntnu.no> wrote:

>> Could it be that Exchange does something wrong with the UIDVAILIDITYw
>> value?
>
> Well, certainly not Exchange because I use Courier on a Linux server
> as my IMAP server.  How could I find out what the UIDVAILIDITY value
> is and if it is wrong?

The best thing to do at this point is to do an IMAP debug session (set
imap-debug to t and reproduce the problem on the Gnus side as best you
can).

If you can also log the Outlook interactions with the IMAP server
(perhaps snoop on the network traffic on the IMAP port) that would
probably also be helpful.

Remember to blank out passwords if they occur in the output.

Ted