My 2nd article with Gnus, about threading...

From: Francis Moreau
Subject: My 2nd article with Gnus, about threading...
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 17:36:05 +0200

Hello all,

No I haven't given up to use Gnus yet ;)

I have still several issues to solve before officialy using Gnus
instead of Mutt though.

One thing that annoys me at most is my threaded view.

One example is my first article whose subject is "My first article
with Gnus, eventually...".

This thread is definitely not well displayed because some of the
repliers (such as harven in Cc) don't setup the "Reference:" header
field correctly.

For example, harven has kindly replied to my article

                MessageId: <m2bpxkor4f.fsf@gmail.com>

but with a the following reference field:

so it doesn't include my message ID.

So I guess this is the reason why Gnus get confused when displaying
this thread.

Now the question is why all this happens ? my gnus config ? harven's
config ? my news group server ?

thanks

Francis

PS: This also affects the useful 'A R' command in the summary group.