Re: setup for imap server with many users

From: Gour
Subject: Re: setup for imap server with many users
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 09:41:47 +0100

On Wed, 16 Jan 2013 10:05:58 +0400
Abramov Aleksey <levenson@mmer.org> wrote:

> I do not recommend this scheme for you. It will be too slow, that you
> will run away from Gnus after few months.

Really?

I was running Gnus in such setup in the past and it was OK except some
slowness when fetching nntp groups.

> I think It would be better to set Maildir backend in you delivery
> agent, and then use it by Gnus.

This is also interesting 'cause I was always recommended to use imap
backend over maildir due to the latter being buggy.

> But the best decision (as I see it) is to set `mail-sources' variable,
> and use `nnml' as your back-end.

I've found the following in docs: "The nnml spool mail format isn't
compatible with any other known format. It should be used with some
caution." which does not look well?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
An intelligent person does not take part in the sources of misery,
which are due to contact with the material senses. O son of Kuntī,

What is night for all beings is the time of awakening
for the self-controlled; and the time of awakening for
all beings is night for the introspective sage.