Standard way to use Gnus?

From: David Masterson
Subject: Standard way to use Gnus?
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 14:59:40 -0700

I'm sure everyone has there own preferences on how to use Gnus -- that's
the essense of Emacs, after all.  However, it's always instructive to
learn from others and find new methods of using such a powerful tool.
I've been around Emacs & Gnus for more 30 years (yes, I believe I used
GNUS when it was written for TECO/Emacs), but I was never an expert in
its usage.  I still tend to just basically C-n & Space through the
Summary buffer to read what I'm interested in and never really sat down
to figure out the more advanced tools in Gnus.

I'm now a little more curious.  The Gnus manual in Emacs is written as a
reference manual and covers a lot of complicated topics, but not in a
manner of taking the novice to an expert level step by step.  I'm
looking for more on why each of the pieces of Gnus exist and examples of
why I might want to use them.  Is there such a manual around somewhere?
--
David Masterson
Programmer At Large