Re: Standard way to use Gnus?

From: David Masterson
Subject: Re: Standard way to use Gnus?
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 16:18:38 -0700

Glyn Millington <glyn.millington@gmail.com> writes:

> What kind of use are you curious about? Do you use Gnus for mail or
> just as a newsreader? RSS feeds? Mailing lists? Are you using pop or
> imap?  Scoring/killing posts? A few clues about possible directions of
> travel/interest might elicit more help!

In a word -- maybe.  I was deliberately open-ended because I really
haven't used these items with Gnus and I wanted to see if there was a
manual to lead you thru these things with examples.  My off-the-cuff
directions might be:

1. Finding and reading newsgroups
2. Scoring/killing to reduce noise
3. Mail reading (POP/IMAP)
4. Mailing list management
5. Advanced message conversion (GIFs, PSs, etc.)
6. Tricks (username icons, etc.)

Some in-depth .emacs examples would be good.

--
David Masterson
Programmer At Large