Re: Standard way to use Gnus?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Standard way to use Gnus?
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 20:59:11 +0100

David Masterson <dsmasterson@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm sure everyone has there own preferences on how
> to use Gnus -- that's the essense of Emacs, after
> all. However, it's always instructive to learn from
> others and find new methods of using such a powerful
> tool. I've been around Emacs & Gnus for more 30
> years (yes, I believe I used GNUS when it was
> written for TECO/Emacs), but I was never an expert
> in its usage. I still tend to just basically C-n &
> Space through the Summary buffer to read what I'm
> interested in and never really sat down to figure
> out the more advanced tools in Gnus.
>
> I'm now a little more curious. The Gnus manual in
> Emacs is written as a reference manual and covers a
> lot of complicated topics, but not in a manner of
> taking the novice to an expert level step by step.
> I'm looking for more on why each of the pieces of
> Gnus exist and examples of why I might want to use
> them. Is there such a manual around somewhere?

I don't know, but I would like to read it, if you find
it.

Generally though it is better to put the question like
this: what would you like to do? Or: what are you
doing, that you would like to do in another way? what
are you doing that you don't want to do? etc.

If you just want to be a more advanced user all over
the board, then indeed the reference manual should
keep you busy years to come :)

--
underground experts united