Re: Get list address for Gmane group (was: Test email)

From: Dmitry Alexandrov
Subject: Re: Get list address for Gmane group (was: Test email)
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2020 07:26:37 +0300

Rafi Khan <rafi@rafikhan.io> wrote:
> Dmitry Alexandrov <dag@gnui.org> writes:
>> Posting in a normal way — by mailing to a list address (here:
>> info-gnus-english@gnu.org) via your mailserver (smtp.googlemail.com in your
>> case) is generally more reliable.
>
> Is there a way for me to get the mailing list address for a gmane news group
> from inside gnus

Yes, but itʼs not implemented.  So try that instead: navigate to some message,
that was posted there and only there (no crossposts) and command A M (M-x
gnus-mailing-list-insinuate) — Gnus will try to populate ‘list-to’ group
parameter from ‘List-Post’ header.

> so I can compose directly that way?

If there is no ‘List-Post’ header, there is still nothing hard in guessing it
from ‘To’ / ‘Cc’ headers, so:

        (setq gnus-add-to-list t)

and copy-paste it for the first time manually [1].

[1] (info "(gnus) Group Parameters").