jami

Re: [Ring] What is the "Pin" when trying to link to an existing account?

From: Andrey Gursky
Subject: Re: [Ring] What is the "Pin" when trying to link to an existing account?
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2016 14:27:26 +0100

Hi,

I've just stumbled over the same issue. Unfortunately I can't access
both devices within 5-10 minutes interval. So is the only way to go, to
do the following:

on the first PC:
 - pack ~/.config/ring directory
and on another one:
 - unpack ~/.config/ring
 - ensure the Internet connection is available
 - start gnome-client, generate pin, close
 - remove ~/.config/ring
 - start gnome-client again and enter pin/password
?

If that would work, it would be nice to mention this solution in FAQ.

Matt:
> This feature was not very clear to me. I suggest to add an explanation
> of what the "Pin" is, in the ring client itself.

Agreed. There is a lot of free place on that window (gnome-client).

Regards,
Andrey