Re: No need for CC, please

From: Pierre THIERRY
Subject: Re: No need for CC, please
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 13:16:46 +0200

Scribit Jeroen Dekkers dies 02/05/2006 hora 10:18:
> And that means adding Mail-Followup-To or Mail-Copies-To headers to
> your mails. Well behaving clients will look at those headers and
> automatically include/exclude you from the CC list.

Those headers are not standard in any way, and at least controversial.
They are only honoured by a small number of MUAs (including mine, BTW).

Instead, Reply-To and List-* headers exist and are well-defined and
specified in standard track. List-* headers let the MUA know where a
reply is to be made for the list, whereas Reply-To let it know if and
where a reply to the original author is to be made.

I don't see why I should be using an under-specified and non-standard
feature where a consistent standard one exists. That's technically
nonsense, IMHO.

But prove me wrong if I am.

Sensibly,
Nowhere man