Re: Challenge: Find potential use cases for non-trivial confinement

From: Pierre THIERRY
Subject: Re: Challenge: Find potential use cases for non-trivial confinement
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 12:42:14 +0200

Scribit Marcus Brinkmann dies 03/05/2006 hora 12:35:
> The word game is ambiguous.  However, I assume we are talking about
> games that are played for fun.

Indeed.

> In this case, I think it is important to the character of the game
> that cheating is possible, at least in principle.  If cheating is
> forbidden, it's not a game anymore (for me), but a competition.

I was talking about a game that makes competition possible. Thanks for
clarifying.

So let's modify my use case your distinction: the game could be
configured to enable cheating. For this, it would drop the capability to
the hall of fame, because the hall of fame is only useful when you
participate in competition.

Alternatively,
Nowhere man
--