Re: Challenge: Find potential use cases for non-trivial confinement

From: olafBuddenhagen
Subject: Re: Challenge: Find potential use cases for non-trivial confinement
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 01:06:55 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 05:19:08AM +0200, Pierre THIERRY wrote:

> When I start a game, I want it to be able to store my scores in the
> system's hall of fame, but I should not be able to gain myself any
> capability to the hall of fame.

The hall of fame can be provided as a service, by the entity who
installed the game. (Probably the admin, or just some normal user.)

Note that the same pattern applies for many many use cases, including
ones that are more "serious" than the one you proposed :-) (Not meaning
to say your's is bad -- actually, it's nice to have use cases which
everyone can relate to ;-) )

-antrik-