Re: Part 2: System Structure

From: Jörg Bornschein
Subject: Re: Part 2: System Structure
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 20:45:39 +0200

Jonathan S. Shapiro wrote:
I would say this in a different way, because your description leads to
black and white conclusions about a cost-driven issue.
agreed.
For a non-TPM machine, the cost lies in the know-how to install a
debugger into a VM-based system. This is not high in dollars, but it is
complicated enough that it is too expensive for most users. For some
content providers, this cost is "good enough".
We are discussing in the context of l4-hurd, an free (as in "open source") operating
system. So right now, this cost is reduced to "install another version with an integrated
debugger". This cost is IMHO negligible.

 j.

<http://dict.leo.org/ende?lp=ende&p=/gQPU.&search=negligible>