Re: Part 2: System Structure

From: Jörg Bornschein
Subject: Re: Part 2: System Structure
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 19:12:12 +0200

Jonathan et al,

> The complicated issue is inspection of runtime state, which definitely
> *can* be prevented in a constructor system, with or without the TPM
> chip.

Thats totally new to me.

It can be prevented in a system with TPM, after all, thats all what the
TPM is good for.

But in a system without TPM? I agree with you that a process might *try*
to detect a forged TC, but there is no guarantee it will succeed. (Think
of "virtualization" vs. "timing tests"). Could you explain?

  j.