Re: Part 2: System Structure

From: Michal Suchanek
Subject: Re: Part 2: System Structure
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 15:03:40 +0200

On 5/19/06, Pierre THIERRY <address@hidden> wrote:
Scribit Bas Wijnen dies 19/05/2006 hora 11:34:
> Currently, I am root on my computer.  There is no way you can let me
> run a program on a GNU/Linux machine where I am root without allowing
> me to see the binary.

Would that be different when you are the owner on the constuctor-based
system? I don't think so.

It will be much more difficult for the machine owner, and impossible
for the administrator (root in UNIX). So it is different.

With the (opaque) constructor based system you can write a loader that
is downloaded by the user, executes in opaque storage, verifies that,
and downloads the actual program into its opaque storage.

Thanks

Michal