Re: Part 2: System Structure

From: Pierre THIERRY
Subject: Re: Part 2: System Structure
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 23:33:15 +0200

Scribit Marcus Brinkmann dies 24/05/2006 hora 13:55:
> Note that one goal of the Hurd is to _reduce_ system code and to
> maximize flexibility.

After all the discussions we had on ping and competition, I'm inclined
to think that the constructor mechanism coupled with opaque storage adds
much flexibility and greatly reduce the overall code to achieve the same
robustness and security.

And the constructor mechanisms, IIUC, carries some scientific proofs
about it's security, which the proposed Hurd design would not, AFAIK.

I'm not sure whether some combinations of security and flexibility could
be achieved with the constructor but not without.

Uncertainly,
Nowhere man
--
address@hidden