Re: Part 2: System Structure

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: Part 2: System Structure
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 16:57:30 +0200

At Wed, 24 May 2006 16:37:47 +0200,
"Michal Suchanek" <address@hidden> wrote:
> > We already have a mechanism to provide such capabilities.  It is
> > called a "file" capability to the binary image.  This is all I need to
> > support all the features I want to support.  Everything beyond that is
> > "in the way".
>
> If you give up the possibility to create restricted binaries the
> binary will not exist in the first place. It will be part of some
> service, and you will never see that there is a capability. And you
> will not be able to trace it anyway.

Somehow the discussion managed to drift away from its starting point.
My response to Jonathan was about using the constructor mechanism as
the prime mechanism for program instantiation, that means all cases,
in particular those which are not the controversial, restricted ones.
It is those cases of program instantiation I was talking about.

Thanks,
Marcus