Re: multilib2 patch (was: another 1.5 release)

From: Daniel Reed
Subject: Re: multilib2 patch (was: another 1.5 release)
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 17:53:22 -0500 (EST)

On 2004-12-08T18:47+0100, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
) Before as well as after your change, the first part of the search
) algorithm finds the libstdc++.la which belongs to the 32bit version
) and shortcuts your second part.  Linking tests/tagdemo/libfoo.la fails
) happily.

If something is specifying -Ltests/tagdemo on the command line, it should
fail. This seems to indicate something is adding a -L option that shouldn't
have been added.

It appears gcc can not be made to include user-specified search paths in its
-print-file-name functionality, so Libtool still needs to check -L paths
itself before asking gcc.

As to inclusion in RHEL4, my group officially moved off of RHEL4 development
yesterday, and I was asked to close the tracker that would have allowed an
update for the initial release. Unless something drastic happens, we will be
shipping 1.5.6 with 1.4-nonneg, 1.5-libtool.m4-x86_64, 1.4.2-multilib,
1.4.2-demo, and 1.5-testfailure applied. I will try to get something based
on 1.5.10 with multilib2 or a newer 1.5 in the first update (in 3 months).

--
Daniel Reed <address@hidden>    http://people.redhat.com/djr/
http://naim.n.ml.org/