Re: GNU Libtool 2.2.7b released (2.2.8 release candidate).

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: GNU Libtool 2.2.7b released (2.2.8 release candidate).
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 09:29:52 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 22 May 2010, Gary V. Vaughan wrote:

Is the problem due to Windows searching for DLLs along $PATH?  And, if so, do
you know whether the current directory is always searched first irrespective
of the PATH setting?

Yes, Windows uses PATH equivalently to LD_LIBRARY_PATH except that it does always search the directory containing the executable first. I don't remember when the current directory is tried, and it may depend on the version of Windows. When tests are run, the current directory is rarely the directory containing the DLLs. Windows Vista 64 bit and Windows 7 add additional new rules (related to manifests) that we will start needing to worry about.

The problem is not fixed yet as far as I am aware. It certainly plagues GraphicsMagick.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn