configure: WARNING: using cross tools not prefixed with host triplet

From: R. Diez
Subject: configure: WARNING: using cross tools not prefixed with host triplet
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 15:48:27 +0100

Hi there:

I am cross-compiling on a Linux PC host for an embedded ARM target, and I am
getting this warning:

  checking for arm-none-eabi-mt... no
  checking for mt... mt
  configure: WARNING: using cross tools not prefixed with host triplet

I have built the cross-compiler toolchain mayself, and all other
arm-none-eabi-* tools are present, but this "mt" one is not.

I've been searching around, and this "manifest" tool seems to be a Windows-only
thing. It also looks like libtool is the one looking for it.

Why is libtool searching for a Windows manifest tool on a Linux host when
cross-compiling for a bare-metal ARM target? Is this a bug? Is there a way to
prevent this warning from appearing?

Please copy me on any answers, as I am not subscribed to this list.

Thanks in advance,
  rdiez