Re: Build on Cygwin

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Build on Cygwin
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 23:07:11 +0200

> >     make[1]: Entering directory `/home/lilypond-dev/lilypond-1.5.9/mf'
> >     mf "\mode:=laserjet; nonstopmode; input feta-braces0.mf;"
> >     This is METAFONT, Version 2.7182 (Web2C 7.3.3)
> >     I can't find the base file `mf.base'!
> >     make[1]: *** [out/feta-braces0.tfm] Error 1
> >     make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/lilypond-dev/lilypond-1.5.9/mf'
> >     make: *** [all] Error 2
> >
> > I have to agree with make, I cannot find mf.base either.
> > Should this file come with lilypond?, or is it part of another package?

Going back to the origin of this thread, I realize that
Richard actually utried to use a teTeX installation in
Cygwin, not MiKTeX (then it would have said:
  This is METAFONT, Version 2.7182 (MiKTeX))

The mf.base file should be built when you configure teTeX
(run 'texconfig confall'), but from the teTeX mailing list
I think I've seen some reports that teTeX is still only
half functional on cygwin.

However, I tried the mf command in MiKTeX and it seems to
work correctly. Why not try to remove your teTeX installation
for the moment and use MiKTeX?

  /Mats