Re: organization of input/

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: organization of input/
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 14:35:04 +0200

address@hidden writes:
> > I think the mutopia examples should be trimmed further to show only
> > one piece in each style (1 solo piece, 1 piano piece, 1 song, etc.),
> > furthermore, we must retain all "benchmark" pieces (mozart horn3,
> > baerenreiter sarabande).
>
> Ok.  If nobody does it before then, I'll have a look through
> input/mutopia with that in mind.  I assume that, other than the
> benchmark pieces you mentioned, you want relatively short examples?
> (for example, Mutopia has a number of Mozart string quartets that are
> 20+ pages in score.  I assume that it would be more useful to have a
> smaller example (say, two pages) so that it's easier to understand the
> whole thing)

Oh, BTW, the examples that are removed from mutopia/ should be
submitted to mutopia ASAP after we release 1.8.

All examples should be checked for old style syntax, i.e. all prefix
slur/crescendo endings and beam-starts should be changed to post-fix,
all chords should be denoted with << >> syntax. All #'(italic ... )
style markup should be changed in the new style, i.e. \markup { .. }

This has been done for input/{test,regression}/ but not for all of the
rest.