Re: rotated hairpins

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: rotated hairpins
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 23:04:59 +0200 (CEST)

> No. The responsible code is in hairpin.cc, and it's easy to add a
> vertical offset to either endpoint
>
>   Stencil mol;
>   mol  = Line_interface::line (me, Offset (0, starth), Offset (width, endh));
>   mol.add_stencil (Line_interface::line (me,
>                                        Offset (0, -starth),
>                                        Offset (width, -endh)));
>

> I don't know what a sensible method of computing or setting the offset
> is, though.

I suggest (at least) two options:

  . Manual offset.  This is a real number.

  . `follow', which means to use the same rotation value a (possibly
    hypothetical) beam would use.  It probably makes sense to define a
    threshold which gives the vertical delta value w.r.t. the note
    heads or stem (and staff lines):

               /
              /|
             / |
           / |
           | x              delta

     Hairpins are not rotated if the vertical delta of start and end
     point is smaller than the threshold.

         Werner