Re: chroot/setuid for lilypond (for LSR)

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: chroot/setuid for lilypond (for LSR)
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 20:49:10 +0100

address@hidden writes:
>        exit (2);
>      }
>
> +  /* Now we chroot, setuid/setgrp and chdir. If something goes wrong, we
> exit (this is a
> +     security-sensitive area). */
> +
> +  /* We must retrieve the user/group id *before* chroot'ing! */
> +  int uid, gid;

Style nitpicks:

* can you make a separate function for this,

   do_chroot_jail()

* can you use the GNU coding standards? Code has to be indented like

  if (foo)
    {
      bar ();
    }

>Of course, presently the process of choosing what goes into the jail is
>a matter of trying and strace'ing... but It Works(TM). 8^)

Cool!

Now we need some sort of installation script that will copy the
appropriate files into the jail. BTW, Why do we need four options;

Isn't

  --jail=nobody,nobody,/var/lilypond/jail/

sufficient?  I don't want the --help  screen to become large.