Re: removing unwanted accidentals

From: Karl Hammar
Subject: Re: removing unwanted accidentals
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 22:01:55 +0200

> Karl,
>
> The problem appears when you put all the movements together **under the same
> score**. I consider this to be a midi bug.

No, the unwanted accidentals are still there if I remove the midi block.

> If you put each movement in its
> own score, all your engraving problems would disapear, the movements would
> appear as they do in the separate scores.

I don't want them to appear as seperate scores, because they flow into
each other.
Except the different acts, of cause.

> The midi files would overwrite
> each other as the movements were processed leaving the midi file only
> representing the final movement.

Yes, that is what happens e.g. in my all.ly, only the last act is in
the midi file.

> It would be nice if midi worked the sames as engraving, just as the separate
> scores are concatenated into the same book with a default amount of space
> separating each one, might not the midi files from each score be
> concatenated into the same midi file with a default amount of silence
> between each score?

Sounds, reasonable, but midi is not my top priority, engraving is.

> In addition, it would be nice if you added different midi instruments to the
> voices:
>
> \set Staff.midiInstrument = "violin" etc.

I once did that with another piece, and that voice was silent in
timidity.
I could easily add that, but I'd rather hear it. Any suggestions?

> I haven't been very helpful to you so far, but I think this is all useful
> advice, germane to your project.
>
> Stephen

Regards
/Karl