Re: removing unwanted accidentals

From: Bernard Hurley
Subject: Re: removing unwanted accidentals
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 00:06:07 +0100

I can't think of a situation where anyone except a beginner who didn't
understand the philosopy behind lllypond would want to use a
"no-accidental" style. OTOH it is useful to have workarounds for bugs.
\noAccidental seems ideal for this. It is not as cumbersome as having to
change the accidental-style for a single not but is awkward enough (in a
way that something like \& is not) to prompt the user to seek an
alternative. The documentation for it could say something like:

"If you find yourself using \noAccidental frequently the the chances are
that you are either using the wrong accidental style or have found a bug
in LilyPond."